#SaveTheData : Writing Competition on Cyber Law
September 15 - September 25₹200
Cyber Law is one of the diversions of law that is still muddled with ambiguity with no proposed definition to provide dimension to the scope and jurisdiction of the field. However, with the advent of technology and the internet space becoming more encompassing than ever it is possible that there will be transgressions with this and the need for protectionist and penal measures are of paramount importance. The offences that can be committed through the access of sensitive data range from stalking to harassment and conspiracy to planned murder, hence the laws revolving around the same need to be extremely stringent and in constant evolution with the sweeping technology changes happening every day. India, although has legislation related to cybersecurity however the same are few and the enforcement mechanism inherently incoherent to a common man who is at the receiving end of it. Furthermore, the officials both at the judiciary as well as the police are inadequate in both training and experience to react and deal with such offences. This is something that needs to be explored and analyzed and hence this essay writing competition brings the same to deliberations that will propose laws and solutions to the existing defunct cyber law arena in India.
- Cyber Harassment: Social Media Bullying to Misuse of personal data
- Prevention of Cyber Pornography and legislation regarding the same in India
- Identity Theft in Cyberspace: Issues and Challenges
- Copyright Protection in Cyber Space
- Unsolicited Commercial Communication and Spamming
- The emergence of Cyber Cafes as hubs of cybercrime and the need for legislation revolving same.
- Legislation regarding cybersquatting in India
- Click Wrap and browse-wrap agreements in India
Who Can Participate
Participant should be above 18 years of age & enrolled in any Law School recognized by Bar Council of India.
- Winner will be awarded Cash Prize, Gift hamper, Cash Coupon of 2000/- from Jus Dicere* & Certificate of Merit with Internship Opportunity.
- Runner-up will be awarded Gift hamper, Cash Coupon of 1000/- each from Jus Dicere* & Certificate of Merit
- The next 5 following best paper will be awarded Cash Coupon of 500/- each from Jus Dicere* & Certificate of Merit.
- Hard copy of participation certificate will be provided to every participant.
Best entries will be selected for publication in special edited issue by Jus Dicere
- Co-Authorship is not allowed.
- The work submitted shall be original and unpublished. Plagiarism of any kind is not tolerable and would lead to immediate disqualification.
- No Email submission will be entertained; participants are required to submit on the link received in registration confirmation email only.
- The competition intends to provide a platform to the students to share their views and to raise Cyber Law Awareness among them.
- The organizers reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results and/or the date of announcements and publication of the results.
- The organizers also reserve the rights to withdraw any or all categories of awards if the entries thus received do not meet the aforesaid criteria.
- The organizers also reserve all the rights for Publication and reproduction of essay/write ups, due credit in this regard shall be given to the author(s).
- Last Date of Registration: September 15, 2018
- Last Date of Submission: September 20, 2018
- Declaration of Result: October 10, 2018
Registration & Submission Procedure
- Participants are required to register by paying fees of ₹200/-
- Successfully registered participants will be provided with a link to submit the essay along with confirmation of payment within 1 week of registration.
Mode of Payment
Online, via Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking/Digital Wallets
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org or call – +91 8448449531