The Constitution of India is a living document, prepared in the finest detail but open to interpretation and amendment to ensure dynamism with the evolution of society. The importance of amendment was emphasized in the Constituent Assembly Debates by B.R. Ambedkar and Jawahar Lal Nehru, however, concern was also expressed over misuse of the amending provisions by the political parties in power. Amending provisions are in no doubt a double-edged sword with the power lying with the legislature while the judiciary maintains checks and balances on overuse and misuse of this power.
This Essay Competition invites entries from students, professionals and academicians on the proposed changes in the Constitution that they would like to see implemented. All Articles and Schedules and Lists of the Constitution are open to interpretation. The idea is to see both inclusion, amendment and exclusion in the Constitution in order to align it with the aspirations and demands of the society. India is the largest democracy in the world and this essay competition invites the exercise of the core principle of democracy of people of the country voicing their opinion on the governing document of law and governance.
- Article 368: Boon or Bane
- Fundamental Duties: Is the Unaccountability Justified?
- Fundamental Rights: Reasonable Restrictions Justified?
- Redundant Chapters and Articles of the Constitution
- Learnings from Constitutions around the World: Let’s try Again
- Special Provisions for Special States: Attack on Unity?
We look forward to participation from Researchers & students studying in any Law Schools / Colleges / Departments of the Universities recognized by Bar Council of India. Post Graduate Students are also eligible to participate.
- Winner will be awarded Cash Prize, Gift hamper & Certificate of Merit.
- Runner-up will be awarded Gift hamper & Certificate of Merit.
- The next 20 following best participant will be awarded Cash Coupon of 5000/- each from Jus Dicere & Certificate of Merit.
- Best 5 concepts will be awarded a gift hamper & Certificate of Merit.
- Participation certificate will be provided to every participant.
Best 50 entries will be selected for publication in special edited issue by Jus Dicere
- Co-Authorship is not allowed.
- The work submitted shall be original and unpublished. Plagiarism of any kind is not tolerable and would lead to immediate disqualification.
- No Email submission will be entertained; participants are required to submit on the link received in a confirmation email.
- The competition intends to provide a platform to the students to share their views and to raise Constitutional awareness among them.
- The decision of the Judges shall be final.
- The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results and/or the date of announcements and publication of the results.
- The organizers also reserve the rights to withdraw any or both categories of awards if the entries thus received do not meet the aforesaid criteria.
- The organizers also reserve all the rights for Publication and reproduction of essay/write-ups, due credit in this regard shall be given to the author(s).
- In case of a tie articles the prize money shall be divided amongst the participants
- The submission should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12.
- The title of the paper should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 14, Bold and Center-Aligned followed by the names of the authors along with their Affiliations in Size 12 as Footnotes.
- A margin of 1 inch (2.54 cm) should be left on all the sides.
- Footnotes cited in the submission should be typed in font Times New Roman with font size 10, line spacing 1’; Justified.
- The text and citation must confirm to the 20th Edition of the Bluebook: A uniform system of citation.
- The Submission should not exceed 1500 words including footnotes.
- Only .doc or .docx format file will be allowed.
- Last Date of Registration – June 15, 2018
- Last Date of Submission – July 05, 2018
- Declaration of Result – July 15, 2018
- Dispatch of certificates – July 15, 2018
Registration & Submission Procedure
- Participants are required to register by paying fees.
- Successfully registered participants will be provided with a link to submit the essay along with confirmation of payment within 48 hours of registration.
A nominal fees of ₹200/- is applicable for registration. You can
Mode of Payment
Pay Online here. (Use Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking)
PayTM – 9717828744 (Please send a screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org after the transaction)
UPI – jusdicere@ybl (Please send a screenshot to email@example.com after the transaction)
Say Hello, Need any clarification, or just wants to chat?
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp at +91 9810878005