- This event has passed.
The society and its need are evolving day by day, it is mandatory to update our laws or the society will become blighted. As to cope up with the advancing society, certain amendments and change in Indian constitutional law have been made by the judiciary in 2018. Various laws which lead the social, political and economic aspects struck down has been overcome by the effective amendments passed in this year.
From Aadhaar to Sabarimala, the Judiciary has delivered various important judgments and changes in the supreme laws of our nation mark a wider change in our society and its growth. The Supreme Court starts its step to change the society for its betterment and ensure equality among all the individuals from the saying “Devotion cannot be subjected to gender discrimination”, ‘Sunlight is the best disinfectant’, “Adultery, not a crime” to “LGBT section 377” and by allowing the live streaming of cases which would bring transparency in legal proceedings and increase the awareness among the people to get to know about their public rights.
These amendments have both positive and negative effects on the minds of the people. Although some society of people accepts these amendments, it also created a public outcry from different societies in India on these judgments.
This event aims to credit the strength of the judiciary in taking major decisions. We invite the law students, researchers, scholars, professionals, practitioners, and other legal fraternity members to quote their opinion on these judgments and change in constitutional law in the 2018 at seminar. This event will create the opportunity for both the students and the legal fraternity to share their vision over the approaches involved in a case, issues analyzed & addressed, and the judge said by the judiciary.
Call for Paper
We seek proposals in the form of paper from Eminent Scholars, Academicians, Practitioners, Lawyers, Students and Experts for contribution in the Seminar. Paper should not merely address the issue but also conceptualise views and arguments of the author on the current scenario. All paper selected for presentation shall be published by Jus Dicere.
Suggested Themes & Sub Themes
For the purpose of paper presentation the themes and sub-theme are listed below, sub-themes are indicative of relevant research areas to give the prospective authors innovative prepositions about the ambit of discussion during the course of seminar.
Central Theme – Evolution of Constitutional Law in 2018
Sub-themes – The different avenues of Constitutional Law that we will explore herein are –
- Sabarimala temple open for all: Devotion cannot be subjected to gender discrimination
- Aadhaar is valid and is constitutional, Conditions Apply
- Gay sex between two consenting adults is not a crime
- Section 497 of the IPC: No more treating women as possessions rather than human beings
- Live-streaming and video recording of the court proceedings: Open Court in real sense
- Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid: Let go of the past
However, the authors may draw upon issues not limited to but touching upon the same for abstract submission and paper presentation.
How to Participate
Stage 1 – Submission of Abstract
Stage 2 – Payment of Registration
Stage 3 – Fees Final Paper/Manuscript Submission
- Co-authorship is allowed up to three authors.
- It is mandatory that at least one of the authors be present for paper presentation.
- However, each co-author has to mandatorily register them individually by payment of the mentioned registration fee.
- All the papers will be subject to blind peer review.
- The registration and paper submission details would be furnished subsequently after payment via email.
- Paper presenters will be given ‘Certificate of Presentation’.
- The seminar is open not only to law practitioners and students but also to students, paralegals, civil society organizations, academicians of other disciplines.
Important Dates & Program Schedule
|Last date to submit abstract||December 15th, 2018|
|Last date to pay registration fees||December 16th, 2018|
|Last date to submit paper||December 25th, 2018|
|Date of Seminar||December 30th, 2018|
|Welcome Session||09.00 AM to 10.00 AM|
|Paper Presentation||10.01 AM to 11.30 AM|
|Break||11.31 AM to 11.45 AM|
|Panel Discussion||11.46 AM to 12.45 PM|
|Closing Remarks||12.46 PM to 01.00 PM|
|Author (Paper Presentation)||Rupees 1500 per author|
|Delegate (Attendees)||Rupees 1000 per person|
VenueIndia International Centre
Lodhi Estate, 40, Max Mueller Marg, Lodhi Gardens, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi
New Delhi, Delhi 110003 India + Google Map